Monday, December 13, 2010

Not Trying to Be a Grinch...

...but if I haven't informed the general public, let me go ahead and put it out there: I don't dig Christmas music. NOT my favorite thing. I know people who break out their Christmas cd's on November 1st and play them on hardcore repeat up until January 1st (which, might I add, as of Dec. 26th, you are officially 364 days EARLY with the Christmas music. The Christmas "holiday" - i.e. the time in which it's appropriate to blast 'Feliz Navidad' a gazillion times over - ends at 12:00am December 26th. This is the time all Kenny G and Glee Christmas albums must be retired until the deemed appropriate time the following year), and LOVE IT.

Eh.

Not I. You will never find me placing myself in that category.

Now, don't get me wrong....I like Christmasy music, but in small doses. And by small doses, I mean I enjoy (most) Christmas programs in which Christmasy music is sung...especially if they involve a choir of 30 4-year olds trying to out sing each other while they wave to their moms in the audience. I enjoy Christmas music on, oh - CHRISTMAS DAY (and I'll even throw in Christmas Eve for good measure)...but much beyond that? You're pushing your luck.

Now, I'm talking about the Rudolphs and Sleigh Bells and whatnot when I talk about these songs irritating me so...the songs that actually express the real meaning behind the Christmas season I'm MUCH more tolerant of...

So, what is this mini-tyraid all for? - you're probably asking. Oh, just got to thinking about if I could ask for ANYTHING for Christmas, what would the list include...(I know, totally unrelated to Christmas music...but it was a means to an end) and this is the list I came up with (some, I know, are completely unrealistic - that's the point by my emphasized ANYTHING...but some are still on the rather practical side....hint, hint):

1. An endless gas card: I drive. A LOT. I drive to and from work. To and from school. To and from my folks. To and from church. To and from, to and from, to and from....and it only seems like my list of commutes only continues to get added to, thus decreasing the gas gauge read on my Element quicker and quicker. If I had a gas card, I could, oh...you know...make that cross-country drive that I've been dreaming up over the last year with no problem whatsoever. That would make me a very happy girl.

2. Florence + the Machine Concert Tickets: Anywhere. Any date. I don't stinkin' care! I just want to see her in concert...NOW. But, I do ask, if someone happens to get me tickets at a venue that happens to be more than a, oh, 5 hour drive away, please provide the plane tickets as a perk gift. :)

3. The complete works of Sia: Yes, very practical. Not hard to come by. And it would only provide me with hours upon hours of musical enjoyment - musical enjoyment that can help me drown out the droning tuneage of "Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer" for the bazillionth time.

4. Plane ticket to North Korea: but this would also require that you receive clearance on my behalf to even get into the country, so this looks like it'll have to be a "surprise" gift to myself, from myself. (And if you find this item strange, read my post from last week....)

5. Yoga classes: WOULD BE AMAZING! (if my schedule wasn't crazy jam-packed) However, I did find out about a place in Charlotte that offers free yoga three times a week....I'm about to go hit that up!

6. For my friend's Christmas wishes to come true: Some of my friends have some pretty awesome Christmas wishes...most of which are pretty stinkin' practical if I do say so myself. I want them to come to fruition. Somebody, get on top of this, NOW. :)

7. This shirt, this shirt, and this shirt. But especially this shirt: Yeah, I got bored tonight. And the site that these lovely shirts come from kept me entertained for the better part of the evening. (D - don't even say anything about the last one! lol)

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure more will come to me...and when they do, I will be sure to add the additions to my list. :)

I'm tired...actually, exhausted is more like it. I'm going to bed.

Song on tap: "Breathe Me" - Sia

No comments:

Post a Comment